Twitter Updates

Follow me via twitter. mossreport on there.
    follow me on Twitter

    Tuesday, September 04, 2007

    Week 1 Recap: What great fun!

    First of all, I really do want to send out a heartfelt consolation to the fans of Michigan since they are still all feeling quite Blue. Now I want to say to the Athletic Director and HC Lloyd Carr, "What were you thinking and get your damn heads out of the sand. Did you see how many other Big Ten teams lost to 1-AA opponents last season? I believe it was three! And then you decide to get the best 1-AA team out there, the team that was rated #70 in the Sagarin ratings which includes all the 1-A teams. Maybe you should start paying attention to the outside world, and not just talk about getting younger players some experience in the opening game and escaping without any injuries. (I am not a Michigan fan, but I will share their sentiment.) YOU SUCK!!"

    Sorry for that rant but after going through it with Northwestern last season when we lost to the #1 1-AA offense and top 10 ranked team New Hampshire, I just think it is really stupid to even try to play one of these teams that might be good. This is not like one of those games that are scheduled years in advance. There are plenty of Sunbelt, MAC, and WAC teams willing to do a lopsided deal to play. In addition there are about 90 teams in 1-AA, why pick one of the better ones? There is no upside to it. Now for Appalachian State, congrats for going in with a positive attitude and winning.

    Well I can't say I was surprised about Notre Dame, depending on how the lines are I will be against them all season. They should be better in the future but this is just going to be a bad year.

    I listened to most of the Oklahoma St - Georgia and K St - Auburn games while driving back home from Myrtle Beach and came out with the overall impression that the Big XII is a little behind the SEC. I think Kansas State will be good but they are throwing the ball way too much. I am less confident in Oklahoma St. playing on the tougher side of the Big XII. Georgia earned some respect from me while Auburn is team I need to see play more to see if they just got lucky to win and were having an off day or otherwise.

    So on the week we finished 10-7 with an 8-3 on Saturday.

    On other notes, gotta love Miss Teen USA for raising the IQ of all Americans who watch and participate. Oh yeah and she announced she is going to attend Appalachian State in the fall. Any other week that would be a welcomed statement but now we understand how they beat Michigan, supposedly App St. is a good college for educating future teachers. (I hope she sticks with Elementary School.) HC Carr can complain about the high academic standards of Michigan and how it hampers his recruiting.

    See you tomorrow or Thursday.

    1 comment:

    Anonymous said...

    Yeah, but how much fun was it to watch Jones sweat that game while playing in our foursome on Saturday? It made us losing the scramble well worth it!