Twitter Updates

Follow me via twitter. mossreport on there.
    follow me on Twitter

    Thursday, September 21, 2006

    Saturday

    Conference play starts to kick in this weekend in the Big Ten for some teams and it will definitely show who are the pretenders in addition ND will seek to end up 2-1 on its 3 game gauntlet run of the Big Ten. All I know is that I think the ND/Mich St game with be high scoring.

    Michigan -13 over Wisconsin. After a big win, I don't see a letdown especially against an uninspired Wisconsin venturing out on the road. Wisconsin is still an important game for Michigan.

    Minnesota -3 at Purdue. Purdue has no defense and I would not even give their offense any credit for the points they have put up against weaker opponents. They could be the weakest 3-0 team in the nation. Another note, this game has one of the highest posted totals of the week but I am not sure I like it in either direction it really will just depend on whether Purdue scores.

    Clemson -16 over UNC. Normally I would say that this could a typical trap where UNC has sucked all season and will pull one out but not this week or season.

    Iowa -20.5 at Illinois. This is nice three game run of Iowa/Syr (13-20), Syr/Illinois (31-21), and then this game. Now if you look at just the game scores that would have Iowa by 17 and you have to add a few points for having Drew Tate back. I hope you follow my logic, but Iowa should be back at full steam this week.

    Buffalo +42 at Auburn. Auburn has another game on Thursday night against South Carolina so I don't see the starters being left in too long after the game is under control. Buffalo has also looked much less inept under New HC Turner Gill.

    Navy -4.5 over Tulsa. The Midshipmen have new confidence after a big road win. Should be a lower scoring game too.

    Virginia Tech -26.5 over Cincinnati. Well after Ohio St. bailed me out with a last minute field goal, I will have to stick with going against Cincy especially with a Virginia Tech coach who tends to cover big spreads.

    Texas -24.5 over Iowa St. Look for lots of turnovers from Iowa State's talented QB in Texas rout. Texas is like Virginia Tech with covering the larger number.

    Arizona St. at California. Which Cal team will show up now that they have to play another big game. I just think that this might be ASU's year.

    UCLA -3 at Washington. I am not sure why UCLA is so underrated this season and I don't think Washington is over the hump yet (but they are on their way back to being decent program).

    West Virginia -21 at East Carolina. Let The Good Times RUN! That should be the theme for West Virginia this season. Unless there is a hurricane that floods the field (it has happened before in Greenville, NC), the Mountaineers will not be slowed this week.

    Army +11.5 at Baylor. Sorry Air Force, I did not pick you too this week, but this Army team is better then last season and should put up a fight against Baylor in close game.

    Western Michigan -28 over Temple. I think I would even have to pick a few high school teams to beat Temple this season and Western Michigan should be a MAC contender so they can handle Temple although it is possible that the Owls might finally talley a TD.

    Wake Forest +2.5 at Mississippi. We could witness history this week with both Wake and Rutgers having good chance to go 4-0 and for the first times ever(not exactly sure)? Mississippi is bad and I am looking forward to watching an Egg Bowl later on between Miss and Miss St to see which team can score and get off the Goose Egg.

    Utah -8 at SDSU. Utah seems to have righted the ship and got the offense scoring again after a rough opener. With two inspired efforts, SDSU has come up empty and I am not sure if they have more gas in the tank.

    Boise St. -14.5 over Hawaii. Boise wins and covers at home. That just seems to be one of the rules of college football.

    Notre Dame/Michigan St. over 59. Both teams have offenses that will overpower the opposing Defense. I look for both teams to hit over 30 and the team with the ball last winning (most likely ND).

    USC -21 (i bought the line down) at Arizona. I think USC will play better on the road this season since they will feel less pressure there at least through this first half of the season. Arizona still is not good enough to cause a hiccup especially at this number.

    Hope you all have a good weekend and Happy New Year.

    No comments: