Twitter Updates

Follow me via twitter. mossreport on there.
    follow me on Twitter

    Friday, September 01, 2006

    Last night and the weekend

    What a great way to start off the season last night. I am not just talking about my 4-0-1 record on the night but just the fact that college football is back on the airwaves and a ton of games were on TV. I spent the first part of the evening out at Fox and Hound with the Northwestern crew watching the Wildcats burst out to 21 2nd half points en-route to an easy victory. I was also impressed with the more then 35 alums and friends who showed to watch.

    I also caught bits and pieces of some other games. BC was totally unimpressive last night and better play some defense before they play some conference games. Arizona State was also totally flat until the 4th quarter and saved embarrassment against against a 1-AA opponent. It is quite funny that line was perfect for the Temple - Buffalo game (the other game of the night that was nil-nil at the halftime). I also saw some of the UTEP-SDSU game. Yes UTEP won but Jordan Palmer is not very good throwing 4 picks (2 to 3 of them were totally his fault).

    Did anyone notice how the NCAA has tried to make the college game more like the NFL by shortening the game? I think they over did it. The starting of the clock after they set the ball on a change of possession is ridiculous. I agree about the clock running when the ball is in the air on kickoff but this is going too far. They should maybe start the play clock quicker but that is all. I love that college football games used to take 3:30 to 4 hours to play and that teams could come back from huge deficits in the 4th quarter. Let's hope that these new rules don't ruin the game, but so far I am not so happy.

    Also congrats to Andre Agassi for prolonging his career again last night in another tough match. He is a true class act and shows how someone can evolve during their career as a top athlete in the spotlight. I guess T.O. is not a tennis fan.

    Tonight:
    Nevada (+12.5) at Fresno St. Fresno normally has bigger fish to try to start off a season but after loosing their long time QB and running back tandem in the offseason Nevada could be a stumbling block.

    No comments: