Twitter Updates

Follow me via twitter. mossreport on there.
    follow me on Twitter

    Monday, October 08, 2007

    Week 6 Wrap Up and Why I Blog

    Well my record the last two weeks while it has not terrible has been well into the negative territory has caused me to think about why I do this. And I realized I have not been doing much writing this season so I am going to get back to the basics posting my picks earlier in the week and writing more.



    So let me tell you a little story, after Saturday's plays, I was looking like I would finally have to go meet my bookie. This would be a first time experience for me since I had been solely an Internet gambler until this season. In an attempt to delay this inevitable meeting I decided to bet 4 NFL games on Sunday and I would need to go 4-0 to get me back under my limit. After being out most of the day and not watching the first half of the Packer game, I noticed that I was 3-0 and holding Green Bay -1 or 2 (can't remember) with the lead and playing well. I was hoping that I could avoid being past my limit but we all know the Bears came back and I wait for the call to pay the piper. (Unfortunately for me he is still alive, I have to meet up with him.)



    Lets look at the Undefeated Teams Left in College Football and their odds of running the table.



    LSU - Survived a tough test this past weekend against Florida but came back and won the game. LSU still has some conference games against teams who could step up to beat them and they will have a conference championship game (2-1).

    Ohio State - The defense looks good actually great, shutting down Purdue on the road was impressive. The schedule is okay but it looks like they will have their 4 hardest games the last 4 weeks of the season, at Penn State and Michigan, and hosting Wisconsin and Illinois. They could lose any of these 4 games. (3-1)

    California - They are a solid team with athletes on both sides of the ball. Their defense is porous at times and will slip them up somewhere along the way where they will lose in a shootout. (8-1)

    Missouri - Not happening, especially with a conference championship game. Field Bet (20-1)

    South Florida - It is amazing that the top 3 teams in the Big East heading into the season have suffered losses and yet there are still two (UConn does not count) undefeated conference teams who could run the table. Good defense and passionate coaching have gotten them this far, there are some scary games left for them including a trip to Rutgers. (5-1).

    Arizona St. - 6-0 is great when you have played no one. No chance. Field Bet (20-1)

    Boston College - It is nice to play 3 conference games to start the season especially when you go 3 and 0. BC has been quiet in their run so far this season winning games but not overwhelming anyone. The passing game is solid and so is the defense. Even though it was against Bowling Green I was impress with the huge score they put up. Tough games left and a conference championship game (I actually have money on them to win the ACC). I think this veteran team will continue under the radar and may pull it all off. (4-1).

    Kansas - Rock Chalk Jayhawk - ha ha. This is not basketball. They will have at least one loss before playing Missouri to finish the regular season schedule. Field Bet (20-1).

    Cincinnati - Playing at USF later in the season will be tough, but Cinderella slipper maybe fitting for a Bearcat Paw this year. I like the turnover margin (that was not even a factor in the Rutgers game), some teams just have years where the ball falls their way. (4-1)

    Hawaii- Boise St. and Washington at home to finish the season, hmmm. I like Hawaii and I feel for them having to play 2 1-AA teams because everyone else is scared (rumored Michigan backed out). They will not matter in the National Championship but could run the table and maybe get a BCS bid they would not deserve. (3-1).

    UConn - Absolutely no no no no no chance here. If they finish with less then 3 losses it should be a great season for them. Field (20-1).

    No comments: