Twitter Updates

Follow me via twitter. mossreport on there.
    follow me on Twitter

    Wednesday, October 25, 2006

    To be a Cats fan and Early Picks for College

    Well I was glad to be in Charleston, SC on a beautiful 80 degree Saturday while Northwestern was playing their Homecoming game against Michigan St. Unable to find the game on in any bars during the breaks in my meetings I was relying on my friend's phone calls and text messages. Eventually the Cats were up 38-3 in the 3rd Quarter and cruising to a surprise victory, but then the inevitable started to occur Michigan St started to score and score quickly. Late in the game after it was tied, NU threw an interception and Michigan St. drove to score a game winning field goal. I have the game on my TIVO and am just in no hurry to experience the pain that my friends who out at the game felt in person. It was also just a warm up for the Eagles game. Another defeat snatched from the jaws of victory. Why do the Eagles play so badly when they have the ball to end a half? It seems like throughout the Andy Reid coaching tenure the Eagles have failed to capitalize on scoring opportunities going into halftime. This week you could say it cost them the game. Andy Reid does not seem to change so I guess we have to take the good with the bad. Enough rambling, if you want to read about a fan's experience at the Eagles game in Tampa click on Dils' link in my links and check out his story.

    By the way, I went 14-13 last weekend and sorry if that was too many games for all of you but I am not going to post top picks, etc. so take it or leave it. If you were paying for the picks like I had done in year past then you could have a legit gripe, but they are free from me so just deal.

    For the season I am 88-63 in NCAA action and 4-4 in the NFL.

    Thursday

    Clemson -4 at Va. Tech. Finally it looks like the Tigers are getting the respect they deserve as a top team in the ACC. Virginia Tech is a tough team at home but Clemson has been winning everywhere since the first week of the season and I think they will win this one by 7 or more.

    Friday

    Tulsa -14 over UTEP. Tulsa has dominated their last 5 games and now they face the explosive but sloppy UTEP. UTEP unfortunately has failed to impress this season and Tulsa should cruise to another win.

    Also take the Under in this game too. Tulsa's defense has dominated all season and I would not rate UTEP's offense up there with BYU.

    Early Calls for Saturday

    Virginia +1 over NC St. Please Virginia is much improved since their weak start and have been generating some consistant offense. NC St is a terrible team whose coach will not last the season. This might be the last straw.

    BYU/Air Force over 54.5. This game should feature lots of scoring with BYU's high powered offense.

    Oklahoma St. +5.5 over Nebraska. Classic letdown and trap game for Nebraska after a tough loss and a game against division co-leader Mizzou on tap for next week.

    ASU +1 at Washington. Did anyone notice all of the interceptions that this backup QB for the Huskies likes to throw? 5 last week and 4 in his last start in the 2004 season.

    More in the next few days.

    1 comment:

    Anonymous said...

    As I've said, there is no worse pain I've experienced in sports. Maybe the Carter HOme Run. But that was instant death , like a quick bullet shot and boom. This was an excruciating slow and painful process.

    You were one of lucky ones not to have seen it. DESTROY THAT TIVO. Take my word on this.

    Lou Grossman